Producing written copy for your business or organisation can be a frustrating or even overwhelming experience, and there are many things to consider beyond the basics of spelling and grammar…
- Can you put yourself in your readers’ shoes and write content appropriate to their expectations?
- Will readers remember your key messages a couple of days after reading them?
- Is your copy persuasive where it needs to be?
- Does the tone of your copy accurately reflect your brand and purpose?
- Are you considering SEO (search engine optimisation) best practice, if writing online content?
Copywriting: how I can help
Every assignment brings unique challenges based on what you are aiming to achieve, and the context in which you are working. What every project has in common though is that the reader must be at the centre of your decision making at all times.
Before we even get to the wording, I first work with you to create a detailed brief, discussing your aims, messages and how the finished assignment will work within the wider context of your organisation. I am used to dealing with large volumes of information, and am happy to edit material you may already have.
As a fully trained technical writer, I am also used to evaluating the needs of your reader and matching style, grammar, structure and visual cues to help them achieve what they need quickly and without fuss. In the context of aftersales support content, for example, this approach can reduce incoming support calls and cost to yourself.
Content and copywriting examples
Typical content and copywriting tasks you may be looking for help with include:
Brochures and leaflets
Mailshot letters and email newsletters
Social media content
Editorial for magazines
E-books and books
And as a trained technical author, I can also help with the following technical communication tasks:
Please feel free to discuss your individual requirements by getting in touch.